Contact: Development Office, CMC Hospital, Vellore – 632 004
These terms and conditions are for users (referred to as “you”) of the giving website (www.givecmc.org) of Christian Medical College Vellore Association (hereafter referred to as “CMC” or “we”).
Thank you for visiting our donation website. There are a few things you should agree to and understand:
- This website is only for donations to CMC. You cannot use it pay for hospital treatment or to book an appointment. Once a donation has been made, it may not be possible to refund it later if you have change of mind.
- When you select and donate for a listed gift item, you are not purchasing the gift, and it will not be sent to you. Your donation will enable us to buy this item for the hospital and the patients who come to CMC. We will do our best to use the funds for the purpose you specify, but sometimes the item and the purchase cost may vary from what is shown, and occasionally we may need to use your money for some other related need in the hospital.
- The illustrations on the website are for illustration purposes only. The exact item, including its make, model and the cost, may not exactly match what is shown.
- You can only donate through this website if you are an Indian citizen. If you have citizenship of any other country – including if you are Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) – then please go to https://givecmc.org/if-you-are-a-citizen-of-another-country/
- Your donation to CMC is eligible for income tax relief under S.80G of the Income Tax Act, or S.35(1)(ii) – if for scientific research purposes. However, for this you need to give us your PAN details. No PAN no s.80G receipt.
- We do not collect or store, and cannot see, your net banking information or debit/credit card details. When you agree to make a donation, we pass you to a separate payment gateway, which collects this information and contacts your bank to request the payment. We only use reputable, government approved, banks as payment gateways. The bank will pass the donation on to us. Errors do occur for various reasons during this payment procedure. We will do our best to resolve these, and help you to get any refund due to you in case the payment gateway deducts an incorrect or double amount, but we can’t take any responsibility or accept any liability for errors occurring in connection with the payment gateway and your bank. If we receive a double payment or otherwise incorrect amount we will happily refund this, please allow one week from the time we are made aware of this for us to make any refund due.
- We collect and store personal details such as your name, address, phone numbers, and PAN, which we need to make a receipt. We may also use these details to contact you in the future. We do not share, exchange or sell your personal details to any other party. If at any time you request us to tell you what information we hold about you, or wish us to delete your record please contact us at the address above.
- CMC does its best to ensure the reliability, stability, security and availability of its websites. If something goes wrong, or you have any complaint, please contact us at the address above. We will do our best to help. However, CMC cannot be held liable for any loss or inconvenience suffered by you while using our website, or trying to make a donation. You are responsible for the security of your own computer or other device by which you access the website.